Hello! November is here already! October was a great month for us. Thanks to all of you who helped out and sent in supplies for our Harvest Day/ party. The children had a great time.
November looks like it will be quite busy also. Some of our themes will be: Pilgrims, Indians (Native Americans), Thanksgiving, Veterans Day and patriotism. Some of the skills we will be working on include focusing on the contents of stories, i.e. characters, setting, sequence, problem and solution. We are learning all of our letters and their sounds. We are practicing our sight words and looking for them in our reading. Please continue to practice them at home. In Math, we will continue to count and identify/write numbers to 10 and explore combinations that make each number. We are reciting the days of the week and the months of the year. We are also sorting and graphing.
Our trip to Highland Orchards was great. The children enjoyed the hayride and apple picking – not to mention the cider and apple cinnamon donuts. Yum!
Thanks to all of our chaperones!
I want to thank you again for all of your help and support. We are sailing along and the children are learning so much. I’m very proud of them! I am very thankful for each one of them and all of you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
- Please remember to use coupons when ordering lunch. Also, if your child is ordering lunch, they will still need to bring in a small snack for the morning.
- Please label all clothing with your child’s name.
- Pretzel money is collected on Wednesdays.. Pretzels are 40 cents.
- Practice putting on jackets and zippering them.
- Parent Conferences are Monday, November 19, Tuesday, November 20 and Wednesday, November 21. There is no school for children on these days!