- Interboro School District
8th Grade Parent Night
Feb. 27, 2020
Interboro High School
6:30 PM - 7:15 PM
Please Join Us for this year’s 8th Grade Parent Night which will be on February 27th in the high school auditorium from 6:30-7:15 pm. We are excited to meet with the 8th grade parents and students to discuss the upcoming transition to high school! We will provide information about our program of studies and curricular pathways.
This is the same night as the College and Career Fair which will run in the high school gym from 6:30-8:00 pm.
We invite 8th grade parents and students to stay after the 8th Grade Parent Night to attend the College & Career Fair!
This year's 8th Grade Parent Night/College & Career Fair will include 5 pre-sessions which will run from from 5:45 – 6:15 pm on the following special topics. We encourage 8th grade parents and students to attend! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER:
- TRANSITIONS: Presenters--Diane Perry & Emma Billingsly. This session focuses on helping students with IEPs successfully transition to college & career.
- CAREER READINESS: Presenters--Delaware County Chamber of Commerce. This session will discuss the direction of the job market and focus on how students can prepare for their careers by developing essential skills and anticipating professional expectations.
- DUAL ENROLLMENT: Presenters--Delaware County Community College. In this session, representatives from DCCC will discuss the benefits of dual enrollment as well as the dual enrollment opportunities for students at Interboro High School.
- PA STATE GRADUATION REQUIREMENT UPDATES: Presenters--Interboro School District. This session will cover the new graduation requirements and will present the different pathways to graduation as outlined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- TECHNICAL SCHOOL PROGRAMS: Presenters--Delaware County Technical School. In this session, students and parents will learn about the different opportunities offered by the Delaware County Technical Schools including new programs and an overview of the different DCTS campuses and offerings.
* grab-and-go dinners will be provided for those registered in the pre-sessions
* transportation will be provided to and from the event; buses will:
- Pick-up from Tinicum & Glenolden 5:15 & 6:10 pm
- Pick-up from Prospect Park & Norwood at 5:20 & 6:20 pm
- Depart IHS and return to community schools at 7:30 & 8 pm